Monday, July 30, 2012

This Is What They Call White People Problems

Nos Populus is now available (after some troubles) at Amazon UK (Kindle version and paperback) and Amazon Europe (Kindle, paperback).  For US readers, the link is over there on the side.  It's also here.  Some of you might notice that the price for the paperback is now down a whopping 49 cents to an even $9.50.  Kindle still set at $6.99.  I'd really like to put the book on sale--$1.99 or something--but CreateSpace makes that difficult and, nearest I can tell, such things are at Amazon's whim.  Once I've figured it out, I'll let you know. 

To answer some questions I've had, I am looking into making Nos Populus available elsewhere.  Part of the problem is that to open it up to other stores (and libraries) means reckoning with CreateSpace's minimum pricing schemes; I've been keen on keeping the paperback price set below $10 and I would lose that by expanding availability.  However, if I get enough demand, I may go ahead and do it.  The other, smaller part of the problem is Barnes & Noble refusing to sell books published under an Amazon imprint, though CreateSpace is probably exempt.  I'd love to have Nos Populus available for the Nook and once I come to terms with raising the price for Amazon customers, I'll look into doing that. Once again, you'll be the first to know. 

I doubt Mittens will do any more shambling during his international trip.  What's that?  He has?  Ah, screw it--I'm too tired.  So with the next week looking pretty slow, I'll write some more about Nos Populus and try to tie it into our present mood as the election heats up and also tell you some more about the characters and some of the inspiration for the book.  After all, if you're going to give me money for this thing, you at least to deserve to know some more about it.

See also my previous post on some of the politics of Nos Populus and long-ish excerpts here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment