Thursday, October 4, 2012

Teddy Wins

I'm happy for Teddy. I really am. It always seemed unfair to me to make our most badass president the joke of these races. It'd be nice if they had let him win clean, though.

That said: I know baseball curses, Washington. And I hope Teddy's win was worth it.

Meanwhile, the Cubs clinched their first 100-loss season since 1966. But just three years after that, the Cubs had their epic 1969 season that ended in... historic collapse...

Enjoy your playoff run, Nats fans. Cherish it. These things are so fleeting. So fragile. As doomed to obsolescence as each precious flower that achieves beauty and fullness only to wither and die as the relentless autumn marches in. At least in my experience.

Here's to a Nats vs. O's World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment