Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Good News, Half-Drunken fans!

As of yesterday, Nos Populus is under the guardianship of aois21 publishing. aois21 is a marketing company, providing distribution and promotion for emerging writers and I couldn't be happier to be working with them. And not just because they made me the subject of a press release that didn't come from the police and says nothing about petty larceny (making my 8th grade French teacher's bold prognostication two-thirds wrong).

Nos Populus will soon be available at places other than Amazon (though it will remain at Amazon too). I've been looking for a way to do that for almost... two years? Really? Wow, I'm bad at this. Anyway, Nos Populus is available for pre-order through aois21. It'll be available (in e-book format) at Smashwords by Friday and at Kobo by Monday. And at some point in the near future, it'll also be available at Barnes & Noble, meaning the book will finally be Nook-ready. I will update and provide links to all of that as it happens.

I spent some time last week bemoaning the lack of progress on my first novel and how self-publishing--for all its charms--can be a draining, deflating process. That's mostly still true, but a few rays of hope can at least make the situation look nicer. I owe a huge thanks to Keith Shovlin, who provided me with this opportunity even though I only threatened him a little. He's a self-published author, too, so he knows what this means as much as--or perhaps more than--I do. That's why aois21 exists, after all.

Anyway, that's it for now. Updates to come. As you were, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment