Monday, April 1, 2013

Half-Drunken Anniversary

One year ago today, I began blogging into the void. Thanks, void.

I recently stumbled upon a nostalgia-soaked post of mine about the wonderful possibilities of dinosaur cloning.

If dinosaur fare isn't your bag (in which case: what kind of sick, twisted freak are you?), then you may prefer some of my more popular posts, including my semi-intimate take on Bar Rescue's confrontation with Piratz, my eulogy for Matt Groening's seminal Life in Hell comic strip, and my defense of D.C. statehood. If you like the political stuff, here was my endorsement of Obama, which pretty obviously cinched the election for him (go ahead, prove me wrong (no, don't prove me wrong, I couldn't take the humiliation)). And less political--but at least as important--was my recent attempted take down of that insipid Miller 64 commercial.

And I shouldn't forget the original purpose of this blog: Nos Populus. I've largely neglected my book here over the last few months. But it is available for Kindle and paperback. I still hope to get some other stores open shortly, perhaps even for Nook. Read excerpts here, here, and here. You can also read about the inspirations for protagonist James Reso and his sworn adversary President Dennis Ward, among other notable influences for Nos Populus, such as the War in Iraq and American University. See also my experiences with self-publishing my book.

Lastly, be sure to check back here for the first ever half-drunken short story, coming later this month.

Thank you, readers. Here's to one more year. And then maybe another after that. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment