Tuesday, November 6, 2012

America Flips a Coin

It's. Almost. Over.

Two years and a couple of billion dollars later, here we are.

Remember to keep a drink on hand for the vote-counting tonight. The traditional method, as I'm sure you know, is to take a shot for each state your candidate of choice wins (legend has it that the brain and liver damaged incurred during Ronald Reagan's overwhelming 1984 victory led directly to the conservative talk radio boom). But if, like me, you have work tomorrow, that's probably not a wise choice. So, for a long, cold night such as this one, I recommend curling up with a somewhat darker, heavier beer. Suggestions: Dogfish Head's Indian Brown Ale, or possibly the Anchor Brewery's Brekle's Brown. But, then, I'm partial to brown ales.

Lastly, for those who haven't seen it, here's my endorsement of Barack Obama that no one was waiting for.

So, I've done my part. And while I'm probably going to Early Vote next time around, it was still worth doing. Now: get out there and make sure your voice is drowned out by millions of others. And then drink some beer. For America.

No comments:

Post a Comment