Wednesday, September 12, 2012

At Least He Has Good Form

Because I can't accurately title this post "I'm Impressed With This Guy's Balls."


If asked to sum up American University in one anecdote, I would choose the moment during my Junior year when an anonymous young man decided he was going to streak across the quad. But not wanting to appear too immodest, he chose to hold a plastic bag over himself. An unfortunate choice because, as you may be aware, a plastic bag does not make for an especially reliable shield and a gentle breeze easily laid waste to the poor bloke's careful planning. Minutes later, I filed into my next class whereupon I observed one of my fellow students (straight-laced, College Republican, destined-to-run-for-president type (which, it cannot be repeated enough, happens a lot at AU)) dramatically shaking his head over having seen "everything." The brave soul somehow managed to soldier on through class.

I suppose that the current controversy my alma mater finds itself embroiled in is another pretty good example of AU-ness. But I honestly can't make myself care about that one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment